Friday, January 8, 2010

Is physical beauty universal or subjective?

Is it in the eye of the beholder, or is there a common (perhaps unspoken) agreement on what is deemed to be physically attractive and what is notIs physical beauty universal or subjective?
Beauty is universal and means physical rationalityIs physical beauty universal or subjective?
Physical beauty is subjective. In some countries women who are slender are considered unattractive. While here in the US, being slender is considered attractive. Also, some men deemed ';chubby chaseres'; only sleep with big woman while most men like skinny girls. So beauty is really in teh eye of the beholder.
spadesscience has it right. If I am lucky I will live long enough for my physical beauty to fade..which is why I should be looking for something that doesn't, like true love and compatibility. Someone who appreciates me for who I am, not just what I look like.
Subjective, although Michaelangelo and Plato would probably disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment