Sunday, April 25, 2010

Why are there so many blondes on the covers of beauty magazines again?

This month Reese Witherspoon, Katherine Heigl, and some other blonde actresses are on the cover of magazines like Cosmopolitan, Vogue, etc. It doesn't bother me, it just made me curious bc the media seems to usually hav a variety of actresses of hair colors and ethnicities and looks, but never before have I seen so many magazines with almost all their covers being blonde actresses. I know before my time like the early 80s 70s and 60s this was very common, in fact it was uncommon to see a non-blonde on a beauty magazine--let a lone a non-white woman---but now magazines feature all types of women on the cover usually, at least all types of hair colors. But not this month. I usally complain bc I feel like ethnic women get more attention than white women these days in terms of modeling etc. but seeing the selection of magazines this month at the bookstore all I saw was white women---and blondes, not even white bruenettes or redheads. Now my feelings have swung the opposite directionWhy are there so many blondes on the covers of beauty magazines again?
Because blonde is ';beautiful.'; Though I wonder the same thing.Why are there so many blondes on the covers of beauty magazines again?
isnt that obvious? cuz they look good..

No comments:

Post a Comment