Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Are ladies that wear too much jewelry simply making up for lost youth and beauty?

I strongly feel that the older a woman gets, the more jewelty and embellishments she wears, especially as you go up the income scale. Teens and college kids prob are more into piercings or


ankle bracelets at most. As you get into the 30's and 40's, you


see the rings and earings, embellished by diamonds. At 60+,


you see veritable showcases of jewelry, especially as you go up the income scale, almost literally covered with diamonds from head to toe. The upper class socialite can be seen with a whole


display of tieras, necklaces, earings, large palatine crosses,


bracelets from wrist to elbow over her suede gloves, and brooches


wherever room can be had on the body proper.


Again, my question is, is this just to make up for lost youth?


If so, is this a progressive thing as a woman ages? And why?


How could the glitter of a D-flawless diamond ever make up for the lost charms of youth? Is the sense of aging too much to


bear without the adornment of jewelry?Are ladies that wear too much jewelry simply making up for lost youth and beauty?
I love jewelry and I have been told I accessorize well. I am near 40, but continually shock others when I am carded due to a youthful appearance. As you gain more financial stability you are able to indulge in those things you could not afford in the lean years...and some people just have bad taste, or are making up for other things, besides lost youth, such as culture, status, economic standing. Not to mention it is the best apology a spouse can buyAre ladies that wear too much jewelry simply making up for lost youth and beauty?
Interesting question!!!


I am 3 now, but never wanted to spend the money. Now that I have a ton more money - I do indulge with showy pieces - but don't wear it all at once. Jewelry is sparkly and it makes you feel good to have expensive pieces on - this is why older women wear it - because they can! Report Abuse

oops meant I am 34 now - lol Report Abuse

i just think they could be gypsies
Maybe. It could be that they couldn't afford it when they were younger
No, I don't think so...

No comments:

Post a Comment