Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why do we equate beauty with goodness?

People always do it. I think there dead wrong! Usually the ';beautiful people'; are the most selfish, egotistacle self centered people there are!Why do we equate beauty with goodness?
I know exactly what you mean.


As I am not exactly ';beautiful'; or ';ugly';, I have seen the both sides of people..


You're right. The ';beautiful'; ones are always in their mirrors, reapplying with makeup and commenting to each other how pretty they are. The guys often pick the pretty girls, because they don't see how fake they are..they just want their bodies. Hormones, I guess? Sorry. Hope I helped?Why do we equate beauty with goodness?
I agree with your comments. So very true in so many instances. I was always taught beauty comes from the inside, never thought I was very attractive till I was close to 40, weird hearing much later from my kids how they thought mommy was so beautiful and kind.
There you go, stereotyping in the other direction...either assumption is not fair to the individual. Attractive people (and beauty being subjective, you understand) are neither more likely to be kind and sweet, or arrogant and rude...no more than ';unattractive'; people are.





There are fabulous, lousy, and everything in between of EVERY type (appearance) of people in the world. One's looks are not an indication of the type of person they are inside...





...and remember, what you find beautiful, someone else may not...so that kills your theory right there...
Ignorance and mass media that promote the idea.
No, I am not agree with you that beautiful people are almost selfish, egotistical self centered . Mostly good looking people have good qualities . Because the face and appearances are the mirror of ones feelings and ones experiences so good looking people have good qualities. Don't make any opinion with your short and narrow experience. Please look the broad world with broad mind and feel it think it and forget the past feelings from your mind . Have a good future.
I think it has something to do with the fact that before the fall of man, everything was beautiful and good. Beauty is a good thing, and I'm sure our new bodies will be beautiful, but it is a sad fact that often times, beauty corrupts people because of the sin nature. Deep down, we still appreciate those things that are more as they were originally meant. Some people happen to inherit a set of genes that happen to be programmed for beauty and other people are born with a more pleasant disposition and both are good things in and of themselves and closer to the prefallen state than the alternatives.
  • prescription cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment